Saturday, July 16, 2016

Grow Natural Hair, Retain Length: 8 EASY Tips to Jump-Start Optimum Hair Growth

Over the years I've had many Naturalista's and transitioners ask how long it took me to grow out my natural hair.  The answer is a long one, but I'll try to keep it brief.


Let go of those raggedy ends
I transitioned for 6 to 8 months, and went back to natural in May of 2003; I big chopped 6" of dead, relaxed strands.  By grace, my hair did some growing, and I retained some length, but it wasn't all that, and certainly was no thanks to me.  Theoretically, for someone who big chopped 13 years ago, I should be able to sit on my hair, post shrinkage.  Okay, I might be exaggerating a bit, but you get the drift.  It wasn't until 2012 that I figured out the formula to retaining my length, and seriously began to cultivate my tresses.

Scalps love to be Clean - Hair loves to be Hydrated

Styling tools encourages hair breakage

After several years of guessing, hoping, and sprinkling fairy dust over my head, I finally stopped.  I did a little research, did some experimenting, waited...then BAM; I discovered the basic blueprint that has gotten my hair to where it is today.


Natural Oils

Hair grows an average of 1/4th to 2" per month; not everyone's hair grows at the same rate, so just rock YOUR way, and your results will come through.  Below is what I like to call a guideline of core practises to jump-start your hair to maximum health, and optimum length retention.  This method will yield results for most any curl, kink, and coil pattern (looser textures as well).  As always, add and modify as your hair sees fit.  Do your research, experiment, tweak, be patient, but have fun!  


 Natural HairStyle Tutorials - Video Playlist
Twisted Bun




Choose  your satins or silks

RELATED:  Satins & Silks for Length Retention.

RELATED: Grow Natural Hair, Retain Length:  How to Seal in Moisture.



Thanks for reading and as always,

Mo' Hair!

RallyGirl ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment